Thursday, May 8, 2014

YA Lit Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Another old book review from Goodreads. Does posting three times in one day make up for not posting for months? Maybe?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not wildly original or remarkably well-crafted, but this book totally sucked me into its orbit for the four days it took me to read it. Already bought the sequel on Amazon! (Two day shipping suddenly seems horribly slow...) Tris Prior makes for a tough-yet-sympathetic and engaging heroine, but I'm having a hard time with Four. Maybe I'm too old (or cynical?) to have patience for boys who run hot and cold, even if they are super dreamy. Impatiently waiting for book 2 to get to my house...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Not Your Momma

Inspired by the poem "I Am Not a Taco" by Santino J. Rivera and my amazing colleague/friend Mr. Steven Arenas! [You can read about...