Thursday, May 8, 2014

YA Lit Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

This is a bit old, sorry... 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Smart, beautiful, and heart-breaking. I teared up while reading this during SSR time, hoping my 3rd period students wouldn't notice me sniffle. This book has such smart, insightful things to say about the nature of living and dying, the way we treat people with cancer and other terminal illnesses, the purpose of literature, and the beauty of first love and all the other kinds of love, too. I can see now why my students are obsessed with John Green. Bravo, sir.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Not Your Momma

Inspired by the poem "I Am Not a Taco" by Santino J. Rivera and my amazing colleague/friend Mr. Steven Arenas! [You can read about...