Thursday, May 8, 2014

YA Lit Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was fantastic! I LOVE the kooky/creepy vintage photos, and Riggs pulls together a pretty fascinating story. Sometimes the mythology he created gets a little confusing (and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce "ymbryne"), but the crazy-fun cast of characters he put together more than makes up for it. I didn't really care for Jacob's family much (which I guess is sort of the point), so I'm hoping the sequel fully dives into the relationship Jacob is developing with the rest of the peculiar children. I also have to confess that I totally didn't see that twist at the end--should I have?

I have so many spoiler-ific questions now... (view spoiler)

I'm so glad there's a sequel already!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Not Your Momma

Inspired by the poem "I Am Not a Taco" by Santino J. Rivera and my amazing colleague/friend Mr. Steven Arenas! [You can read about...